This person is responsible for managing the overall functions of revenue cycle activity for the practice. These tasks include, but are not limited to, daily reconciliation, resolution of billing inquiries and patient education on the billing process, appealing all denied claims, updating fee schedule annually and processing refunds. Primarily supervises billing staff and front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and patient satisfaction.
- Communicates regularly with patients, Fallbrook medical providers and staff.
- Develops client specific standard operating procedures to streamline workflows, ensures consistency and accuracy of the collection process and maximizes productivity.
- Designs or communicates procedures to increase reporting accuracy, efficiency or to enhance revenues
- Uses technical knowledge to generate numerous improvements in processes, procedures, and operations
- Ensures that quality of work is maintained and that compliance policies and procedures are followed throughout billing operations
- Maintains a monthly account of receivables over 30, 60 and 90 days, seeing that over-due accounts are addressed within the policy and procedures and worked every 28 days.
- Handles all patient complaints regarding customer service and billing in a timely manner.
- Partners with the Back Office Lead in operations, scheduling and training
- Maintains the schedule of 7 medical providers
- Employee performance reviews with COO
- Performs scheduled and random audits on billing efficiency
- Monitor and ensure adequate staffing during clinic operations
- Creates new strategies to improve performance
- Improves the performance of others
- Offers assistance where needed regardless of task
- Makes a positive contribution to morale
- Accepts constructive criticism positively
- Sensitive in considering other’s feelings
- Creates a positive and inclusive work environment
- Effectively bridges the gap between departments
- Must have previous supervisory experience
- Must have worked in a business office setting within a medical practice
- Must have experience in medical billing reporting/aging
Job Type: Full-time